THE CAMP FOSTER YMCA EXPERIENCE
Our camp activities focus on developing new friendships, self-discovery through adventure, and fostering a sense of service to others. The progressive programs we offer will challenge each camper at an appropriate level, from giving our youngest campers an opportunity to try a variety of activities to giving our older teen campers the ability to choose specialized camp activities that meet their wants and needs. We pride ourselves on creating positive experiences that are as unique as each camper and making memories that last a lifetime.
Resident Camp Programming by Age Groups
7-9 Year Old Programming:
- Campers will rotate through 3 assigned programs each morning with their camp counselor.
- Program rotations are 45 minutes long.
- Activities focus on exploration of camp activities, relationship development, and confidence building.
Tween Programming (10-12 year olds):
- Campers will rotate through 3 assigned programs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with their camp counselor.
- Program rotations are 45 minutes long, giving variety and exploration in camp activities.
- On Monday mornings campers will be given the opportunity to sign-up for two activities of their choice that they will do for one hour each on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Tuesday and Thursday programming will focus on skill development in areas of camper interest.
PG-13 Programming (13-16 year olds):
- On Sunday evening campers will be given a wide variety of programs that they can sign-up for Monday-Friday.
- Activities will either be for 2 ½ hours or split into two blocks for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Activities are centered on teambuilding, relationship development, skill development, and self-confidence.
- Archery (Recurved Bows)
- Sailing (Sunfish boats)
- Bouldering Wall
- Horseback Riding
- Drama/Group Games
- Arts & Crafts
- The Dragon Challenge course
- Native American Lore
- Nature Activities
- Disc Golf
- Overnight Campouts
- Intermediate Challenge Course
- Riflery Range
- Nine Square
- Archery (Compound Bows)
- Climbing Wall
- Double Ocean Kayaks
- Snorkeling Survival Low Challenge Course After Campfire Programs
- Surf Sailing
- High Challenge Course
- Stand Up Paddle Boards
- Advanced Arts & Crafts
- Drama Shows
- Teen Talk
- Advanced Canoeing
- Advanced Kayaking
- Jon Boat Driving
- Outdoor Survival Skills
- Trap Shooting
- Advanced Sailing
- Hand Drumming
- Advanced Climbing